July 20, 2011

Ju-Ju-Be!


I found the perfect diaper bag!  It's the Ju-Ju-Be BFF . It is the perfect size to accommodate all my usual stuff and even "emergency" things without being annoyingly large or heavy. 


It can be worn over the shoulder with this super cool and cushy  no slip grip pad on your shoulder.

OR it can be worn as a backpack! Either style can be easily clipped on the metal hardware, or taken off. I keep both the shoulder strap and the backpack straps on at all times. I never know which I'm going to need and it's super useful when chasing a toddler in the playground. Also the pack is structured and has feet on the bottom so that you can set it just about anywhere without worrying about dirty germs contaminating your precious bag. 



 This is the front most pocket. It is called the "mommy pocket" because its just for the things that I need all the time and need easy access to. I keep my keys on the super stretchy key fob, I got my wallet, lotion, lipgloss, chapstick, sunglasses, receipts, shopping lists, and coupons in this pocket. Not only is is ALL easy to access and I never have to dig around for my keys or wallet, but there is room for more! The sunglasses holder is also made of the same material as a sunglasses cleaning cloth, so no need for smudgy glasses on the go. I always have the perfect cloth with me :)



For those of you wondering where my phone goes, this nifty separate pocket is just what I need. It is deep enough that I don't have to worry about my phone falling out if I forget to zip the pocket, AND I can keep my iphone headphones at the bottom of the pocket for easy access when I'm in the waiting room. The pocket is also lined with super soft fuzzy material so I don't have to worry about my phone ever getting scratched again.... well at least not from rolling around in my bag.


and that's just the mom stuff... but this is a diaper bag so thats not the half of it!


 This is the inside of the bag. I have 4 diapers, wipes in the back pockets of course. I have sunscreen and face sunscreen in the side pocket at the right. on the left pocket, I have tide-to-go tissues, hair ties, and a few bows. There is room in the main compartment for any toys that Emma feels she MUST have with her. It is also just wide enough to fit a coloring book.
The Pockets are made so that nothing can fall out no matter how wide you open it. I was skeptical about how well this would work, but I have never had a problem with it.











Behind the diapers and wipes there are two zippered deep pockets. This is where I keep the diaper rash creme, any medications she might need as well as thermometers, emergency dum-dums, and extra undies for Emma.
There is still room for plenty more, but I couldn't think of anything else I could possibly need, although I can see myself putting nursing pads and a few lady products in there next month.


This is the bag almost empty. notice how much room is at the bottom of the bag. The material is agion, which is a patented material that inhibits the growth of mold, mildew and anything else yucky that diaper bags are susceptible to.  The entire bag is machine washable! Also, the reason why it is silver, is so that you can clearly see what is inside. Ju-Ju-Be calls it "the black hole effect" that they are combatting. And you know... it works. I have never once thought "ugh, I cant see what's in here, I need to drop everything I am doing and pull everything out of here so that I can find_____" Everything is just so easy to see and to get to. When I have to search through someone else's diaper bag, I get super frustrated and upset because I have gotten used to everything being so easy to see. Why hasn't any other company figured out that black is not a good color for the inside of a diaper bag???




Surprise! Another pocket. I haven't figured out what to use this for yet, but it is very wide, so I have her coloring pencils in there for now. Also, If you will notice, there are two pieces of paper behind clear plastic above the pocket. That is the "brag pictures" pocket. It was designed to be able to put pictures of your kids, husband pets... whatever makes you smile. I thought it seemed kinda dumb to have a picture of my baby in my baby bag... obviously I have her with me. But I can see how it would be useful if you have your child in daycare a lot so that your bag could be easily identified by the caretakers. I used these pockets to write a list of all the things that are in the bag and where they can be found. There is just SOO much stuff in the bag that babysitters underestimate how much stuff I left them with in one place. They will tell me "I looked everywhere for ____ but couldn't find it anywhere in the house!" Instead of expecting them to memorize where all the things are in my home, I just keep it in the bag and write a list for them so that they can find everything, and be able to put it back where it belongs easily.

This is the back pocket. It contains and super squishy changing pad that I often use for myself as a floor cushion to sit on when we are at the park and the seats are hot, or I don't want to sit directly on the grass. It is also made of the same material as the rest of the bag, which means clean up is a breeze. This is also where you keep any snacks for your kids (or yourself, if you are like me) This is because this pocket has a special feature.
Crumb drains! When a snack spills, all I do is push the crumbs through this little hole and I dont have to take eveything out of the bag and shake it and pull the fabric out to get it clean. 

A diaper bag wouldn't be complete without a place for bottles. There are two pockets on the side that are big enough to even hold my super big mommy drink. The pockets are insulated, but so far it seems like its more to keep the milk from spoiling than for keeping the drinks cold.

A few things I just bought to go with this bag are the paci-pod (exactly what is sounds like) which clips onto the side of the bag, and the stroller clips. So far, I use those at the grocery store so that I can hang the bag off the side of the cart instead of where Emma puts her feet. It bothers her to have my bag touching her legs for an hour. 
Have I said I love this bag? Because I do. Ju-Ju-Be would be retarded to pay me to write this because no one really reads my blog yet. So, small audience, you can rest assured that this and the other products that I love are only written about because I truly love the product and am excited to share my finds with others. But I do have to say, their other products are also amazing. They have many more bags and accessories that are designed with mom and baby in mind. I plan on getting a few more bags. **hint hint** Jacob, for christmas. **hint hint** But for now, this bag is perfect for everyday use. I will update this post after I try it out after using it for a toddler and newborn at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment