September 7, 2012

Of Mudpuddles and Lovebugs.

Sometimes I watch my girls and laugh at how different they are. today was definitely one of those days. 

This is Molly, she is one and my destroyer.

This is Emma, she is three, and is my sweetie pea.

We went to the same park we always go to when we are in Florida. We love it because its fenced in and all the equipment is toddler appropriate. 
I watched Molly as she chased birds, and watched as they flew away, with a big frown on her face. I watched Emma carefully examine the love bugs that are now in season and make up stories for them --this one is the mama and that one is her sister-- I watched as Molly laughed as she squished the same love bugs that Emma was so gentle with. I watched Molly climb to the very top and push away the help i tried to offer her down the slide. I coaxed Emma to go as high as her sister, and held her hand down the slide. I watched Emma pick flowers and examine the petals. I watched molly shove a few snails in her mouth and rip up the flower patch. I watched Emma carefully pick the mulch off her pants, and I watched Molly jump in the mud puddle. The examples are endless.

With my two, who are such opposites, it is easy to treat them like two different people. Even so, I have to remind myself sometimes that just because Emma liked this or that at Molly's age, doesn't mean that Molly is going to like it. 


I had another surprise when we got back from the park. I heard her tell the boy she was playing with "no more kisses" but I didn't get the full story. Check out the video to hear from Emma all about the boy and how many kisses he gave her! Yikes! Notice her twirling her hair and that sly smile? I'm in trouble.
Note- I had a talk with her after this video about kissing boys.

2 comments:

  1. aww this is very sweet! i'm so nervous about having another boy because I am sure God will give me something TOTALLY DIFFERENT from Ezra and then i'll be lost all over again. if He gives me a girl then i'm sunk too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete