September 6, 2012

Hey, where have you been?

It's been quite a while since my last post. I know. I wish I could tell you that it's been crazy over here, that I've been so busy with my amazing life, I didn't have time for a single post. But, alas, I have been sitting on my butt. I have been waiting. I have been watching tv, reading, taking care of my kids, and checking the calandar. I haven't been doing anything worthy of posting. On the rare occasion, that I did, I had no motivation to post.
And so now I'm here to tell you, the soldiers getting home is not the end of the trials. For us, it was the beginning. Marriage is hard for anyone. But after he got home from Afghanistan, every problem we had before, was bigger and more obvious. Everything we didn't have a problem with suddenly became a problem. I was lucky because I missed out on the alcoholism that sometimes follows soldiers home from the battlefield. But what was I going to do about all the other stuff? It was pretty overwhelming and it seemed hopeless at times-- most of the time to be honest. I suppose I got pretty depressed. I suppose I still am. They say it takes up to two years to regrow together as a family after a deployment. But we don't have two years before his next deployment. In fact, since January when he returned, I have only been with him for five months out of nine months we should have been together. (It's a long frustrating story that does not involve divorce. Don't worry) 
This means we have less time to get our shit together before it hits the fan again for deployment number two. And then we get to struggle though that and then try and grow back together in time for deployment number three.

 So when do we have a chance to just relax and be normal? When is our marriage safe or secure? It is tiring just thinking about, the next four years of my life (at least) are going to be lived on the edge of a marital cliff. I guess I'm so tired from trying to hold onto my family, I have no energy for much else.

 So there you have it, my depressing post. I did warn you that this blog was a look into the life of a military family. Did you really think it would be all happy stuff? At least we made it this far. Alot of couples didn't, so I guess we must be doing something right. Or maybe my husband is right. Maybe I'm too stubborn for my own good. 

Hopefully my next post will be soon. I love my readers! 

2 comments:

  1. I was JUST YESTERDAY thinking about your blog and how I missed reading. Don't worry about your post being depressing. The Army life is depressing. It just is. It's hard. And it stinks. And it never really ends I guess. (See my comment isn't much less depressing is it!?!?!) We came to the conclusion as a family that we just couldn't do it anymore. And if that makes us wimps or babies, well, so be it. I don't care. Two deployments, three years out of five apart...not anymore. We are done with this crap. Now we are counting down the days til we are out for good. i promise, I'm not trying to rub this in your face...I just mention it because all of these thoughts, these feelings that you are facing are so NORMAL, VALID, and anyone who is like all HOOAH THIS IS GREAT is just full of it. lol

    I desperately hope that you are reunited with your man soon and that you can have a little bit of rest before he has to deploy again. You are an amazing wife, amazing mother...and I know that Jacob is proud of you for how you are handling things right now. Don't feel bad about blogging or not blogging. Just LIVING your life is amazing enough. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aprille. Your comment was exactly what I needed to give me a boost and get back into blogging. I do love it, but somehow I think my life needs to be exceptionally interesting to write a blog. Like I need to be famous first or something. I know, that's crazy talk.
      Thanks again. ((more hugs))

      Delete